These are crucial facts you should be aware of. They're "back-of-the-envelope" starting points. Google for details.
- Agriculture: We use 37% of Earth's land for agriculture (2016)
- Agriculture: We cut and burn rainforests for agriculture, losing 30,000 mi² and 50,000 species/year (2014)
- Global warming: Greenhouse gases: 35% energy, 24% agriculture, 21% industry, 14% transportation (2014)
- Global warming: The north pole reached 1.2°C in November 2016 (2016)
- Wildlife: We've destroyed 60% of Earth's wildlife in < 45 years (2018)